or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Keegan WittKeegan Witt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Perica ZivkovicAdminPerica Zivkovic (Admin, Portable Python) responded  · 

Wanted to work on this but this is what I see on the main module page:

“Warning: PyGtkSourceView is deprecated and should not be used in newly-written code. Automatic bindings are available with GObject Introspection.”

seems to me that we should focus on other packages as this one is deprecated. Comments ?

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kai WilladsenKai Willadsen commented  · 

As far as I know, it's exactly as deprecated as Gtk+ 2 is, and the introspection-based bindings are pretty much a non-option for Gtk+ 2 applications.

If it's a lot of work then it's probably not worth it. However, if it's a simple matter then it has a definite and immediate benefit.

• Perica ZivkovicAdminPerica Zivkovic (Admin, Portable Python) commented  · 

Wanted to work on this but this is what I see on the main module page:

"Warning: PyGtkSourceView is deprecated and should not be used in newly-written code. Automatic bindings are available with GObject Introspection."

seems to me that we should focus on other packages as this one is deprecated.

• Keegan WittKeegan Witt commented  · 

Actually, it looks like this is already being installed when you install the PyGTKmodule. If you're using the PyGTK all in one installer, you may need to just adjust the arguments you're sending to it so that you can make this alterable by a checkbox.

Feedback and Knowledge Base